Tuesday, February 7, 2012

NEWS: Flaming Lips and Erykah Badu Sing a Song with... Siri?

Oh those crazy guys in the Flaming Lips. Leave it to them to write a song featuring Apple products' personal assistant, Siri. I have not played around with Siri much except to ask her to call me an ambulance, because I heard she will say "From now on, I'll call you an ambulance, ok?" My friend quickly grabbed his phone back, because evidently he thinks she will literally call 911 for me. Jury is still out on that one.

Siri's automated voice fits so well with the Flaming Lips' far out sound, and as she says lead singer Wayne Coyne's name in a monotone fashion, you slowly drift into that Space Odyssey world. When fellow 1000 Recordings to Hear Before You Die artist Erykah Badu slowly drifts into the mix, it's almost more disconcerting. When did these two start collaborating, and why wasn't I informed earlier? Anyways, check out "Now I Understand" below.



Hear the Flaming Lips' 1000 Recordings entry here, and Erykah Badu's entry here.

No comments:

Post a Comment